Inspect before buying!
Purchasing a house is a major decision and investment. Before making the purchase you’ve been dreaming of, we strongly recommend having the house inspected by a certified professional.
A pre-purchase inspection protects you two ways:
- It identifies apparent defects and clues of hidden defects that would reduce the use, enjoyment, or value of the house you are looking to buy or that may present a risk to the safety of you and your family. It also assesses the systems and components and informs you of their condition.
- It shows that you have purchased your house in a responsible, diligent, and prudent way. Also, if you take legal action against the seller following a problem, an inspection report could increase your chances of winning your case.
In some cases, an inspection also allows you to:
- Change the conditions of your offer to purchase;
- Renegotiate the price of the house; and
- Plan any work to be completed, as necessary.
Completed according to the most rigorous rules of practice, our inspection includes complete visual examination of the following visible and accessible systems and components:
- Heating system
- Air conditioning system
- Insulation and ventilation
After our inspection, we will submit a detailed report on the condition of the house, including photos. We identify the parts likely to require repairs immediately or over the long-term and include our advice and recommendations.
As proof of our reliability, we are recommended by CAA Québec – At Home for pre-purchase inspections.